POSITION: Banquet Houseperson
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
POSTING DATE: July 14, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
WAGE: This is a dual rate position • $7.50 per hour plus tips (scheduled event) $10 per hour (non-scheduled event)
Location: Resort Division
Table of Equivalencies: Doesn't Apply • 40 Hours per week + Shift Differential
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
The Banquet Houseman is responsible primarily for assisting in serving, set-up and clean-up of all banquet functions. This is a fast-paced position that will involve constant customer interaction.
All employees of North Star Mohican Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
- Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must submit and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Must attend all training provided by the North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food & Beverage Department.
- Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
- Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
Banquet Houseperson Page 2
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- Responsible for maintenance, and cleanliness of banquet rooms, hallways, storage and service areas.
- Responsible for setting up, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms.
- Ability to follow directions from banquet event orders.
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous service to guests.
- Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Assist banquet servers.
- Monitor guest needs on a continual basis ensuring all requests are promptly fulfilled.
- Ability to carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
- Responds quickly to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Engage guests in conversation and make their experience memorable.
- Report any guest concerns or complaints to immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
- Maintain proper stock of all product and supplies needed for service in assigned stations.
- Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operations, etc. and be able to efficiently handle guest inquiries.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Reporting missing articles, damage or mechanical problems restaurant/lounge area and equipment.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must possess good communication skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift including maneuvering through crowded areas.
- Must be able to work in an unusually noisy environment.
- Must have ability to lift, bend, stoop and twist while serving beverages.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Occasional pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE