POSITION: Line Cook
POSTING DATE: 10/30/2017
LOCATION: Resort Division
WAGE: $10.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Table of Equivalencies Applies
Full-Time + Shift Differential
Reports Directly To: Sous Chef
Location: Resort Division
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Responsible for cooking and preparing menu items according to food specifications in recipe manual and maintaining quality standards.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set for the by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Inspect all outgoing orders, making sure they are properly prepared: i.e., portion control, garnished correct for presentation, etc.
- Must be able to operate a variety of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to: steamers, ovens, skillets, grills, deep fryers, range, choppers, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Must have the ability to regulate temperatures of ovens, broilers and grills.
- Maintain proper stock of all products and supplies needed for service in assigned areas.
- Maintain the food-service area and equipment in compliance with quality, health and safety standards and regulations.
- Maintain a current knowledge of menu items and products.
- Report any guest concerns or complaints to immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort, and the Food and Beverage Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Minimum of one (1) year of culinary experience is preferred. If not Serve-Safe Certified, must obtain certification with three (3) months of employment.
- Must possess a basic knowledge/understanding of fryers (oils and their temperatures), grilling of simple meats (hamburgers and hot dogs), grilling of proteins, (steak, chicken, pork, fish) and know their doneness levels.
- Ability to understand and perform job assignments.
- Ability to understand and follow recipes and other directions.
- Strive to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards each guest and fellow employee; and participate in a strong-team effort.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, and percentages.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- Must possess a working knowledge of food production, sanitation guidelines, and the operation of numerous kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Must have ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift; which includes prolonged periods of being on your feet.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms; along with the ability to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
- Required vision abilities to perform this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception along with the ability to read tickets and adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in an area that is both unusually hot and cold; with a moderate to higher than normal noise level.
- Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene, due to working in close proximity to others.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.