POSITION: Room Attendant
POSTING DATE: 10/30/2017
WAGE: $10.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Table of Equivalencies Applies
Full-Time + Shift Differential
Reports Directly To: Housekeeping Coordinator
Location: Resort Division
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected present themselves in a professional manner to our customers as well as other departments. North Star Mohican Casino resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Clean hotel rooms as per instructions and training, including turning mattresses and noting date, arranging furniture, vacuuming, making beds, emptying trash, cleaning bathroom, dusting and whatever is required to completely clean the room.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Must attend all training as required by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Hotel Department.
- Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must attend all meetings, as required by the organization.
- Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- Collect soiled linens and towels, place in designated place on housekeeping cart, and during your shift drop soiled linens and towels into laundry chute.
- Complete Maintenance Repair Request Forms and for immediate requests, report maintenance issues to the supervisor i.e. burned out light bulbs or slow drains in the bathroom. If damage to walls, furniture, carpet or fixtures, advise supervisor and Hotel Maintenance Tech as soon as possible. Report unsafe conditions to supervisor immediately. Submit Maintenance Repair
Request Forms to supervisor at the end of the shift and ensure repairs have been made. If suspicious materials are encountered, or suspicious behavior from guests is noticed, must report to supervisor immediately.
- Replenish room supplies such as drinking glasses, bathroom amenities, towels, toilet paper, facial tissues, and in room hotel information, paper and pens.
- At the end of the shift, stock housekeeping cart with the necessary cleaning supplies and amenities.
- Before entering a guest room, always observe proper procedures as trained and instructed.
- If the guest has checked out, turn in items left behind to the Housekeeping Lost and Found. Advise the supervisor and ensure it is recorded in the Housekeeping Lost and Found Log. Guestroom key cards are turned into front desk at the end of shift.
- Use room cleaning checklist to ensure all tasks assigned at the beginning of shift are completed and turn in the completed cleaning checklist to the supervisor at end of shift.
- Clean and vacuum area immediately outside the guest room.
- Restock, clean and straighten linen supply closet at the end of the shift.
- Observe safety and security procedures always. Be familiar with fire prevention and understand emergency and evacuation procedures.
- When finished with the guest room, secure the room and notify the supervisor so they can do the final inspection.
- May deliver ironing boards, pillow, baby crib or roll-away bed, or other amenities as requested by the guest(s). Note the delivery of such items in Housekeeping Special Guest Items Log noting the item, guest room number, date and signature.
- Report pertinent information to the housekeeping coordinator.
- Adhere to the highest service standards to offer the resort guests an optimum hospitality experience.
- Carry out all assignments received from the housekeeping coordinator.
- Cross trained to work in laundry room and deep cleaning hotel rooms.
- Become familiar with all aspects of hotel, spa, business center, exercise room, casino, dining facilities and special events.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort, and the Hotel Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties
- and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience is helpful, but not necessary; will train.
- Must be able to communicate with and be able to answer hotel guest’s questions in a polite and courteous manner.
- Must have excellent guest service skills.
- Must be able to clean a minimum of 8-12 rooms in an eight-hour shift.
- Ability to carry out tasks and follow directions as necessary.
- Ability to comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Knowledge and understanding of cleaning products and respective surfaces as instructed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Occasional pushing/pulling a seventy-five (75) housekeeping cart, lifting and/or moving up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Occasional climbing of stairs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: email@example.com Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.