$8.00 per hour (tipped)
Full & Part-Time
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Responsible for keeping the beverage service areas and refrigerating units stocked with supplies always.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of liquor products and beverage specifications. Keep informed of continually changing beverage specials and property promotions.
- Ensure all beverage deliveries follow safety requirements.
- Receive and stock all beverage related products. Check stock received against written requisition to ensure order is accurate.
- Assist bartenders in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., ice, fruit, stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc. for the beverage areas.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes used for drinks.
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, equipment, beer lockers, refrigeration, and storage areas.
- Assist in setup for special events, as needed.
- Removes trash from beverage service areas.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
- Report any guest concerns or complaints to immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food and Beverage Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department supervisor, manager and/or director.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must possess effective communication skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of liquor products is required.
- Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- Must be able to work in an unusually noisy environment.
- Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Occasional pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE
WE ARE A DRUG FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN & REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.