POSITION: Café Worker
POSTING DATE: 01/26/2018
WAGE: $10.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Table of Equivalencies Applies
Full Time + Shift Differential
Reports Directly To: Sous Chef
Location: Resort Division
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Responsible for cooking, preparing and serving food items according to specifications in an efficient manner while displaying the highest standard of guest services in the café area.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable, departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Perform all tasks required to provide service to the guests in the café area including answering guest inquires, etc.
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of product offerings and prices. Inform guests of food and beverage specials, prices, and portions of food items.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
- Keep work area neat, clean, sanitized, and stocked of needed product and supplies.
- Engage guests in conversation and make their experience memorable.
- Report any guest complaints or concerns to immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operations, etc. and be able to efficiently handle guest inquiries.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food and Beverage Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must possess good communication skills and possess the ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- A minimum of one (1) year culinary experience is preferred. If not Serve-Safe Certified, must obtain certification within three (3) months of employment.
- A minimum of six (6) months customer service experience is preferred.
- Must possess a basic knowledge/understanding of fryers (oils and their temperatures), grilling of simple meats (hamburgers and hot dogs).
- Ability to understand and perform job assignments.
- Ability to understand and follow recipes and other directions.
- Strive to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards each guest and fellow employee; and participate in a strong-team effort.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift; which includes prolonged periods of being on your feet.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms; along with the ability to lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds on a frequent basis.
- Required vision abilities to perform this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception along with the ability to read tickets and adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in an area that is both unusually hot and cold; with a moderate to higher than normal noise level.
- Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene, due to working in close proximity to others.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.