Environmental Services Associate
$10.00 per hour
Full-Time & Part-Time + Shift Differential
Environmental Services Manager
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Responsible for the care and general appearance of the casino through cleaning and tiding of the facility. The external and internal appearance of our facility reflects on us. This position is for a responsible individual to maintain and protect our property.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Keep entryways, outside entrances and maintenance area free of ice, snow and debris.
- Keep bathrooms clean and operational. Restocking of supplies in the restrooms.
- Keep ashtrays and wastebaskets empty and clean; take trash to dumpsters.
- Keep paper picked up from the floor and in between machines.
- Keep all machines and chairs clean, and free of dust.
- Keep all windows and walls cleaned.
- Keep all floors cleaned by vacuuming, sweeping. Scheduled deep cleaning of floors also includes floor stripping, waxing, scrubbing/buffing and carpet cleaning.
- Report any property and/or equipment damage to immediate supervisor.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Environmental Services Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Prior experience as a custodian, janitor, housekeeper, or similar role is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment, safe use and disposal of chemical and other hazardous components is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions independently.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job as outlined below.
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Use hands to handle or feel and reaching with hands/arms. Must be able to talk, walk, hear and see.
- Constant standing and walking which may include, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Occasional climbing of stairs/ladders, lifting and/or moving and pushing/pulling up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (outside of facility) for removal of ice, snow and debris when needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus, with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed.
- Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene, due to working near others.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a moderate to higher noise level and where cigarette smoke/dust is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.