Player Development Manager
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected present themselves in a professional manner to our customers as well as other departments. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Responsible for creating and maintaining loyalty of players with a focus on retention of assigned high-value players via quantitative goal-setting and reporting.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
- Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Associate degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Hospitality or closely related field is preferred.
- Responsible for identifying and developing players with increased potential through relationship building, event planning with pro-forma development and post-analysis, and other appropriate communication methods.
- Responsible for working with declining players to maximize offer utilization and prevent program abuse.
- Responsible for adhering to budgets and striving to improve the profit margin and revenues of the organization.
- Ensures that all activities relating to player development programs and processes are communicated sufficiently through employee newsletters, articles, correspondence, communication programs, signage/collateral and memos.
- Responsible for tasks that include but are not limited to: comp procedures, player assessment, increasing high-end guest loyalty, making event and upcoming visitation arrangements, booking special events, administrative tasks, report development, high level guest service skills, correctly measuring player reinvestment ranges.
- Monitors the play habits, program and offer usage and preferences of all assigned players.
- Responsible for promoting the Players Club program and acquiring new Players Club members with moderate to high potential.
- Support Players Club Staff by providing leadership example and offer back-up assistance when available.
- Under direction of Senior Executive Host, takes the lead in planning, coordinating implementing, and measuring Player Development events, programs and initiatives.
- Maintains close communication with players through telemarketing, letter writing, and in-person contact regarding services available and upcoming special events to encourage visitation.
- Maintains visibility on the casino floor and consistently spends a significant amount time with guests by participating in special events, onsite social functions, offsite hosted functions and daily interaction.
- Reviews and monitors player ratings before and during shift to know who, of the rated player base, is present or is expected to arrive.
- Contacts and follows up with assigned players regarding hotel reservations, parties, special events and concerts.
- Provides general guest service information to guests.
- Performs all clerical aspects of the job including logging of activities, submitting necessary reports, and filing of paperwork.
- Due to the sensitive nature of guest privacy, this individual must be able to perform all duties with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Uses discretion in all communications to, about, or with customers including their arrangements and finances; to include, signing a non-disclosure agreement.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must dress professionally.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Marketing Department.
- Must be available on and off shifts for contact regarding players.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- Must be able to work in conjunction with the hotel for booking player rooms.
- Must be held to a higher standard due to added responsibilities.
- Must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the department supervisor, manager, director.
- A minimum of one (1) year front-of-house gaming work experience is required with proven exemplary guest service record.
- Must have experience working with player tracking systems.
- Must be able to pass a casino math test.
- Must be a proficient user of MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities efficiently and effectively is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with diverse and challenging situations.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Must maintain a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Must be a team player and can work under strict deadlines.
- Must maintain a professional attitude always, showing tact, courtesy and respect always.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to travel and have dependable transportation. Must meet and maintain the eligibility to operate a personal or tribal vehicle under the driver acceptability guidelines as established by Mohican Nation Insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also, frequent use of hands to handle or feel, and reach and grasp. Additional hand movements include, but are not limited to: repetitive motions, grasping, holding and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally will need to stoop, kneel and or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus, with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed.
- Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level, or in a casino setting with a higher noise level, and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Evening and/or weekend work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene, due to working near others.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: email@example.com
Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE
WE ARE A DRUG FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN & REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.