$10 per hour
Full Time + Shift Differential
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Welcome guests and seat dining guests according to available sections and guest preference. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set for the by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests.
- Maintain table numbers, time served, and assigned servers for each section.
- Inform servers of guest placement and communicate any special requests or needs.
- Take comp and VIP reservations. Answer telephone calls appropriately according to procedures.
- Process monetary transactions with guests. Adhere to all revenue handling policies and procedures.
- Maintain and verify cash drawer daily; keep cash drawer supplied with sufficient monies.
- Maintain current knowledge of menu and beverage selections and menu prices.
- Have a consistent awareness of all activities occurring in each section. Visibly monitor service and performance of each server.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and stocked of needed supplies.
- Aid in clearing and setting tables, as necessary.
- Report any guest complaints or concerns to immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operations, etc. and can efficiently handle guest inquiries.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort, and the Food and Beverage Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must possess effective communication skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must be able to assist with special needs of customers.
- A minimum of six (6) months customer service experience is preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience is required.
- Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift including maneuvering through crowded areas. Must be able to work in an area that is unusually noisy environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Occasional pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.