$10 per hour
Full Time + Shift Differential
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected present themselves in a professional manner to our customers as well as other departments. North Star Mohican Casino resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Provide for the security, safety and protection of the customers, staff and visitors of North Star Mohican Casino Resort, as well as the property itself.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
- Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental staff record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work,
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Coordinate the handling of established emergency procedures and assist all emergency personnel when and if necessary or if instructed to do so by on-site personnel. Nothing in this job description shall be viewed as creating a job duty to provide emergency medical services.
- Patrol the premises and parking lot of North Star Mohican Casino.
- Responsible for the transport of monies on the floor, escorts of courier services that transports casino funds to local banks while in the casino.
- Provide written incident reports to the shift supervisor of all unusual or suspicious events including but not limited to accidents, disturbances, shortages of money, failure to follow procedures, etc.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Security Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the department supervisor/manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service which includes and is not limited to: speaking effectively and interacting positively with customers and employees.
- Must have knowledge of security measures, ideology, and procedures.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards each guest and fellow employee.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license is preferred.
- If in possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, must meet the eligibility guidelines set by Mohican Nation Insurance to operate/drive company vehicles.
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Ability to respond to all incident calls, as directed, on the property, with complete mobility and in a timely manner.
- Frequent climbing of stairs, lifting and/or moving up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (inside/outside of facility) for required security rounds/duties.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus, with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN & REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.