Table Games Dealer
POSITION: Table Games Dealer
POSTING DATE: 10/30/2017
WAGE: $6.00 per hour (tipped)
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Table of Equivalencies Applies
Flex + shift differential
Reports Directly To: Table Games Floor Supervisor
Location: Gaming Division
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected present themselves in a professional manner to our customers as well as other departments. North Star Mohican Casino resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Responsible for dealing and the integrity of the games according to the rules of the games, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
- Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Deal games efficiently, accurately and in accordance with internal controls and house procedures.
- Compute payable odds to pay winning bets quickly and accurately.
- Must exhibit a cohesive working relationship with all employees.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Table Games Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must be proficient in multi-games such as blackjack, roulette and ability to complete training for additional table games.
- Minimum of six months dealing experience is preferred.
- Must have ability to perform intermediate math.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, dynamic personality and strong, interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays, with the ability to stand at a fixed work station for extended periods of time.
- Dealers who have successfully completed poker training will be paid a $.50 per hour shift differential for hours worked dealing poker. Dealers who have successfully completed the craps training program will be paid a $1.00 per hour shift differential for hours worked dealing craps. Minimum of six months dealing experience is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: reaching, grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity and the ability to constantly shuffle cards). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to stand in one area for an extended amount of time.
- Ability to look in a downward direction for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus, with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed; with the ability to read card and chip numbers.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W12180 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Fax completed application to (715)787-4113
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER , EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN & REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.