Statement Regarding COVID-19 Testing
The health and safety of our employees, guests and community is our highest priority. That is why our proactive safety and sanitation measures exceed the recommendations from the CDC and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
One of those proactive measures was the recent COVID-19 testing of our employees. Out of 665 test results, one positive case was identified. That employee works at the North Star Mohican Casino Resort. The employee, who is asymptomatic, has been notified and is beginning a 14-day quarantine. Contact tracing has begun, as well.
Per the CDC, it typically requires 15 minutes of close contact between an infected and uninfected person for the virus to spread. It is unlikely this person spent that amount of time in close contact with any guest or employee. That said, this case illustrates precisely why we decided to proactively test our employees, even though doing so was not required. We will continue our proactive testing for any new employees, as well.
For a complete list of the proactive measures underway at the North Star Mohican Casino Resort, please go to NORTH STAR HEALTH AND SAFETY EFFORTS. Those measures include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participating in regular health screenings, including testing, temperature taking and the completion of a questionnaire before entering the workplace;
- Wearing mandatory face masks when on work premises (including in the restroom);
- Using enhanced hygiene practices, including regular and vigorous handwashing and use of hand sanitizer;
- Staying home when not feeling well, and not returning to work for a minimum of two weeks until all symptoms have gone;
- Maintaining appropriate social distancing of six feet between individuals, including not gathering in break rooms.
- Using enhanced daily sanitation procedures, including shutting down the Casino for deep cleaning from 3 a.m. – 7 a.m. daily;
- Requiring guests to wear a face mask and have their temperature taken before entering the Casino. Face mask and social distancing procedures are reinforced at all times.
- Placing and increasing hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes stations and safety plexiglass shields throughout the casino.
- Using various engineering and building control system to improve air quality, ventilation, and contactless door controls where applicable.
- Limiting and tracking the casino resort capacity to manage number of guests allowed in all areas.
- Placing signage and directions throughout the casino resort to assist with safety protocols and social distancing;
- Limiting hours of service, and closing bingo, table games, self-service beverage stations, buffet, and live entertainment.
- Food and resort services are handled using the highest sanitation practices.
- We are operating as a non-smoking facility until further notice.